All out for Palestine on 73rd commemoration of the Nakba
5/14/2021 - Washington, DC: Tomorrow, May 15, marks 73 years since the beginning of the Nakba, the State of Israel’s settler-colonial regime which has attempted to ethnically cleanse and eliminate the indigenous Palestinian people from our homeland.
The Nakba is not only a historical event, but an ongoing catastrophe for the Palestinian people. This month, we have witnessed an intensification of the Nakba through Israeli attacks against Palestinians in the Gaza Strip, attempts to forcibly displace Palestinians from their homes in the Jerusalem neighborhoods of Sheikh Jarrah and Silwan, attacks against Palestinian worshipers in Al-Aqsa during Ramadan, attempts to ethnically cleanse entire communities in place like Humsa in the West Bank, and mob and police violence against ‘48 Palestinians.
In their resistance to this oppression, we salute the resiliency and steadfastness of the Palestinian people living under military occupation, in refugee camps, in ‘48, and in the diaspora, and we call on everyone to join actions today, tomorrow, and Sunday to advocate for Palestinian rights and liberation.
A global list of actions is being compiled here by Samidoun. Find an action near you and get involved, or organize one if nothing is being organized in your area.
In addition, AMP chapters are organizing demonstrations across the US (all times local):
- Bridgeview, IL: 5/14 @ 3 PM Central, The Harlem Center
- San Jose, CA: 5/14 @ 6 PM Pacific, Santana Row (corner of Winchester & Stevens Creek)
- Charlotte, NC: 5/14 @ 5 PM, First Ward Park 301 E 7th Street Charlotte, NC 28202
- St. Louis, MO: 5/14 @ 5 PM, Kiener Plaza Park, 500 Chestnut St
- Minneapolis, MN: 5/15 @ 2 PM CDT, 4301 Central Ave. NE Columbia Heights, MN
- Raleigh, NC: 5/15 @ 2 PM, Moore Square, Downtown Raleigh 226 E. Martin Street
- Washington, DC: 5/15 @ 3 PM, at the Washington Monument
- Dallas, TX: 5/15 @ 1 PM, The Grassy Knoll 413 Elm St, Dallas, TX
- Brooklyn, NY: 5/15 @ 4:30 PM Eastern, 7114 5th Avenue, Brooklyn, NY
- Chicago, IL: 5/16 @ 1 PM Central, Michigan and Ida B. Wells Drive
- Paterson, NJ: 5/16 @ 1 PM Eastern, Main St, & Gould Ave, Paterson, NJ
Thank you for raising your voice and taking action.