Job Opening: Chicago Chapter Coordinator
AMP-Chicago, a national education and advocacy organization, is seeking a local full time (part time applicants will be considered as well) Chapter Coordinator to coordinate all chapter's committees and programs.
1. Successful candidate will be a reliable, self-starter and enterprising individual, who can set and meet goals and deadlines.
2. Has good knowledge on and/or is willing to learn about the cause and history of Palestine
3. Good communications and public relations skills
4. Non-profit work or volunteer experience
5. Previous experience with planning and/or coordinating events, committees and meetings
6. Ability to present, lecture and speak in class room settings and in public
7. Ability to speak Arabic a plus.
8. Ability and availability to work a flexible schedule, and late evenings as well as weekends.
Job duties and expectations:
1. Coordinate with Chicago chapter and its committees to plan and implement AMP-Chicago events, including the annual fund raising dinner; the Nakba event; film-screenings, rallies and demonstrations, lectures and other such events. In addition to the AMP annual conference
2. Manage all Chicago office administration affairs
3. Oversee all marketing and social media affairs
4. Coordinate volunteers for all events
5. Create and maintain visually appealing AMP booth for major events and conferences
6. Identify opportunities for AMP leafleting and/or tabling, with the goal of marketing AMP to wider audiences
7. Act as liaison between AMP-Chicago and other Chicago-based social justice organizations and attend meetings to ensure AMP-Chicago involvement in local BDS and other Palestine advocacy campaigns
8. Help organize and implement the AMP national Ramadan Date Boycott campaign, in coordination with other national staff
9. Build relationships with other Islamic/Arab, and other social justice organizations in the Chicago
10. Work with, assist and coordinate the educational committee efforts in implementing its state-
wide campaigns and projects
11. Attend chapter meetings and other committee meetings as needed
12. Report to the chapter chairperson and the ED
According to skills, qualifications and schedule.
How to apply:
Please send a resume, cover letter and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NO phone calls please.