A Thank-You and an Announcement
From all of us at AMP, we wish to extend our deepest gratitude to our generous donors who have enabled us to build on our vital advocacy programs and campaigns this new year. Your support will allow us to carry out the following in 2019:
- Hold our largest Palestine Advocacy Day & Training yet—with 500 expected to attend from over 30 states [Click to Register for AMP's 5th Annual Palestine Advocacy Day & Training 2019]
- Invest in local Arab and Muslim American communities by conducting legislative advocacy training around the country
- Expand our grassroots organizing and educational outreach through our growing chapters in 10 cities and states
- Provide resources to student activists and groups from around the country
- Sponsor delegations to Palestine composed of prominent interfaith leaders
- Launch a redesgined website to make it more user friendly and a valuable resource for activists
- Continue resisting and pushing back against anti-Palestinian, unfair, and unconstitutional bills, such as anti-BDS legislations, at the state and federal level
We are also thrilled to announce that Dr. Osama Abuirshaid, who previously served as AMP's National Policy Director, has recently been appointed as the organization's Executive Director.
About Dr. Osama Abuirshaid:
As of January 2019, Dr. Osama Abuirshaid is the Executive Director of American Muslims for Palestine, where he previously served as the National Policy Director. He is also a board member of the U.S. Council of Muslim Organizations (USCMO), an umbrella organization of eight major national American Muslim organizations. He lectures frequently on the Middle East and American politics. He is a regular commentator on Palestinian and Middle Eastern affairs as well as on the American domestic and foreign policy on various Arabic satellite television channels such as Aljazeera. He authored or coauthored several books in Arabic and he published dozens of studies and articles in Arabic and English, on issues relevant to the Middle East and its political climate. He is a community activist and speaker. Abuirshaid completed his Ph.D. in Political Science at Loughborough University in the United Kingdom.
Thank you again for your continued support and commitment to the movement for justice in Palestine. Jazakum Allah Khayr.
Americans for Justice in Palestine Educational Foundation (AJP) is a tax-exempt, 501(c)(3) organization and is the fiscal sponsor of American Muslims for Palestine (AMP). All donations to AJP are tax-deductible. EIN #27-1365284.