Job Vacancy: Media Director
Job Description | Media Director
American Muslims for Palestine (AMP) is a national organization based in the Washington, DC area that educates, organizes, and mobilizes the Muslim community to advocate for Palestinian rights.
AMP’s Media Director is a full-time position designed to proactively increase the organization’s media presence in coordination with the Executive Director. The Media Director is responsible for:
- Drafting media releases and media advisories to convey the organization’s perspective on current events to the media and offer organizational spokespeople for interviews.
- Developing a media strategy for the organization, including - but not limited to - enhancing our media presence, developing key messaging points, and creating a media awareness workflow.
- Sending media releases and media advisories to selected members of the media through the Cision database.
- Cultivating and maintaining relationships with members of the media.
- Developing and maintaining press lists with contacts in the media industry.
- Pitching, writing, and placing op-eds in online media outlets.
- Cataloging media hits mentioning AMP and posting positive media hits on AMP’s online newsroom.
- Working with the Communications team to post timely content to AMP’s social media channels.
- Coordinating with the Digital Communications Director to ensure all organizational messages are timely published on our digital platforms.
- Writing media kits and a glossary of organizational terms and phrases.
- Liaising and assisting local chapters with media support.
- 5 years of professional experience in media, public relations, communications, or a related field.
- 3 years of professional and/or academic experience with Palestine.
- Demonstrated track record in placing earned media in print, online, television, radio, etc.
- Ability to work under pressure and on deadline, be responsive to media requests, have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Arabic fluency is preferred, but not required.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Paid vacation, sick leave, holidays.
- Ability to opt into a group health care plan with premiums partially covered by the organization.
- Send a cover letter, resume, and an example of an op-ed you published and video and/or radio interview you conducted to Dr. Osama Abuirshaid at [email protected]
- Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis and the position will remain open for applications until the position is filled.