ACTION ALERT: Dedicate this weekend to Gaza!
Take action to stop Israel’s deadly assault!
(CHICAGO 07/18/2014) – The American Muslims for Palestine (AMP), is asking everyone to dedicate this weekend to the people of Gaza.
- ORGANIZE OR ATTEND A RALLY IN YOUR CITY
- CALL AND EMAIL THE WHITE HOUSE
- CALL, FAX OR EMAIL THE EGYPTIAN EMBASSY
Early on Thursday, Israeli forces unleashed a ground invasion into Gaza, after warning the residents to evacuate. Gaza is an open air prison. All the borders are closed and the residents have nowhere to turn. Israel is indiscriminately targeting civilians by bombing houses, hospitals and mosques. The United Nations and human rights groups report that 80 percent of the more than 240 dead are civilians
Additionally, Egypt has closed the Rafah border crossing, opening it only sporadically and for short periods of time. There are also unconfirmed reports Egypt has amassed troops on the Rafah border.
As people of conscience, we are called upon to fight injustice and oppression. The Palestinians in Gaza desperately need us to raise our voices and demand Israel’s deadly aggression ends immediately.
Get talking points, contact info, emails by clicking below.
Call, fax and email the White House
Switchboard: 202-456-1414, ask for President Obama’s office;
- Israel’s actions amount to collective punishment and are against international law
- The White House must hold Israel accountable for killing innocent civilians
- We must demand an end to the siege on Gaza, Israel’s occupation of Palestine and an end to US military aid to Israel.
- The US must investigate the use of American weapons and weapons purchased with US taxpayer money against a civilian population.
- Israel is violating the US Arms Export Control Act, which prohibits the use of American weapons on a civilian population.
- US support of Israel hurts our standing throughout the world and threatens our national security.
Call, fax and email the Egyptian Embassy
Phone: 202-895-5400; Press '2' for English; Press '0' for operator. Ask for Ambassador Mohamed Tawfiq.
- The Palestinians in Gaza are under massive assault and they have nowhere to turn for safety.
- The wounded need access to quality medical care.
- By keeping the Rafah border closed, Egypt is complicit in Israel’s collective punishment of the Palestinians in Gaza.
- Egypt must open the Rafah border immediately.
- Egypt is obligated under the international humanitarian law to open the crossing,