Boycott Israeli Dates
Over the years, AMP has led a national boycott of Israeli dates as a response to Palestinian civil society’s call for boycott, divestment, and sanctions of Israel. Israeli dates imports have dropped dramatically over the years! According to recent data, Israeli date imports have dropped to 2.5 million pounds for the market year 2019/2020 in comparison to 6.9 million pounds the year before.
This Ramadan and beyond, boycott Israeli dates, many of which are grown and packaged in illegal Israeli settlements in the Jordan Valley of the Palestinian West Bank. When you boycott these dates, you're taking a stand against Israel's colonization of Palestinian land and the exploitation of Palestinian land and labor.
Here's how you can join the campaign:
1. Sign our petition to join the boycott of Israeli dates
2. Share our campaign posts on your social media using the hashtag #BoycottIsraeliDates
3. Get store owners to boycott Israeli dates & find alternative date companies
- Print out this letter to share with store owners about why they should join us in our boycott of Israeli dates.
- Download and print this poster to give to store owners who join our boycott.
- Let us know if a store or institution has agreed to join our boycott.
4. Buy Palestinian dates through Penny Appeal
This year, we are partnering with our friends at Penny Appeal to support Palestinian farmers by promoting Palestinian-grown and cultivated dates in the U.S. They are $25 per tin (1.98 lb/31.8 oz) or $20 per tin if you purchase 10 or more boxes.