Job Opening: Black-Palestinian Solidarity Coordinator
American Muslims for Palestine is hiring a part-time consultant for three months to deepen Black-Palestinian solidarity. This will be a fixed fee contract of $5,000.
Specifically, the consultant will be responsible for conceptualizing, organizing, managing, and implementing a Black-Palestinian solidarity panel at a major legislative conference this fall.
The ideal candidate for the position will:
* Have experience in and a commitment to movements for Black and Palestinian liberation
* Have excellent contacts with key individuals, organizations, and collectives leading the struggle for Black liberation
* Have excellent contacts with the Congressional Black Caucus, its leadership, and members - including congressional staffers at key offices.
* Have experience with event and conference management
* Be organized, attentive to details, and able to work with minimal supervision
This position is for an independent contractor and does not include any benefits. The independent contractor will be responsible for self-employment income taxes.
This contract has the potential to develop into either a longer-term contract or a salaried position with the organization.
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line ATTN: Contractor application by COB Monday, July 13.